Folks, we've posted online documentation for AggreGate v5. Check it out: http://aggregate.tibbo.com/docs/en/. And well, we've far overcame the total of 1000 pages.. it's now 1300+.
We've posted the preview of AggreGate v5 in the downloads section! This preview is not intended for production use, but it illustrates the direction we were moving since November 2011.
Similarly to test-driven development, customer-driven development assumes that most features are requested by the clients. That's the way we're approaching AggreGate v5. Large ongoing projects force us to add many minor features and improvements that cannot shine when being written to the news list. However, tons of these small things make large projects really "work" and solve their business tasks. We're going to update our Case Studies section soon, check back later!
We've celebrated 11.11.11 by publishing a long-awaited AggreGate v4.5. This is a major release that includes official production versions of failover and distributed architecture modules, along with important performance and memory usage optimizations. The trial version of AggreGate 4.5 is available in the downloads section. Give it a try!
Today we're presenting the major release of AggreGate that has been published after several months of active R&D. Its most important features are:
- Native failover clustering that doesn't require any third-party software or high-availability technologies built into operating system
- Distributed architecture helping to group multiple servers divided into several layers to ensure unlimited scalability
- Support for grouping rows and fields in all Data Tables
- A large library of dynamic vector symbols designed to build SCADA and building automation displays
- Statistical Process Control module that stores long-term time series data in a fast and efficient Round-Robin Database (RRD)
- WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) device driver
- Several hundreds of smaller improvements and bugfixes
We've joined AggreGate Server and AggreGate Client into one installation bundle. If you need to manage your server from the same machine it's running on, you don't need to complete two installation procedures anymore. And of course, AggreGate Client is still available as a separate bundle. Get the latest release in the downloads section!
We've designed and implemented a new SNMP polling algorithm that helps to greatly decrease device synchronization time.
When adding an SNMP device account, this algorithm quickly detects MIBs the device supports and allows operator to select ones to be monitored. After that, only OIDs defined in the selected MIBs will be polled.
However, if you want to obtain all SNMP variables provided by device, you always fall back to original SNMP walk method.
Our public demo server was updated several days ago. It now has 25+ diverse hardware devices connected via different protocols. We use this server for personal demos, however, everyone may connect and check basic functionality available under non-admin accounts.