Continuous equipment operation and unplanned downtime reduction are the key to business success of any industrial enterprise. Today this is achieved by implementing predictive diagnostics and maintenance. Fail prediction enables timely repairs, ensures the whole process continuity and the most effective operating mode of the equipment. As part of our Use Cases insight here we want to share our success in sugar plant monitoring system deployment (Rusagro company group).Read more
Dimitri Moiseev, Tibbo Systems deputy CEO, took part in VIII Stolypin Conference "Economics of Siberian Region: Prioritizing". It was held in Barnaul in the middle of July. More than 500 participants came here from various Russian regions. Federal and foreign experts, Federation Council members, executive authority representatives, Duma members, and farmers were present here.
Altai Territory Governor Alexander Karlin opened the conference highlighting that suggestions presented during the last meeting were applied practically by public management.
This year, conference agenda was really tight: innovative development of the Siberian territory, monotowns, agro-industrial complex and other vital themes.
Dimitri Moiseev gave a speech at the session called “Socioeconomic Development Strategies – Horizon 2035”. Dimitri spoke about IoT technologies implementation to Russian agro-industrial complex facilities and successful Tibbo Systems projects that allowed its customers to increase productivity and cut expences up to 20%.
Dimitri also expressed his opinion on precise agriculture prospectives and vital conditions of regional agriculture development. The brief outline of his report was included into the resolution summarizing the conference results. They will form recommendations to facility management and Altai Territory government.
Learn more about AggreGate IoT solutions for Agriculture.
Why apply IoT in agriculture? And how can IoT technology reduce costs and increase the profitability of agricultural production?
Late September during the “Internet of Things” conference there was a presentation of Tibbo Systems representative Dmitriy Moiseev. The speaker addressed a topic of the IoT implementation into agriculture and told about advantages of using the company’s product – AggreGate IoT Platform.
At the beginning of the report, the expert listed the main stages of agriculture development:
- 1 stage: machinery for farming instead of manual labor;
- 2 stage: mechanization of production, including storing and processing;
- 3 stage: mineral fertilizers and chemical plant protection, change of ground parameters, selection;
- 4 stage: genetic engineering tools;
- 5 stage: precision agriculture.
According to the speaker, in the era of precision agriculture, application of the IoT technologies in agriculture will help to:
- save money on fertilizers and plant protection;
- increase soil fertility due to smart management;
- monitor the state of harvest and avoid its loss during storing;
- increase the efficiency of the use of specialized equipment;
- monitor the state and location of animals;
- control the state of manufacturing line equipment, etc.
However, before using IoT tools, you should take into account some peculiarities, including outdated agriculture technology, close link between economy of agricultural enterprises and natural processes of growth and development of living organisms, the influence over which is limited, direct dependence on environmental factors, and seasonality.
That is why within the current stage it is possible to implement the following IoT solutions:
- apply bow thrusts and autopilots for agricultural machinery;
- equip irrigation systems taking into account condition and peculiarities of soil;
- use systems for accurate fertilization;
- apply systems for disease and pest control;
- use innovative technologies for harvest storing;
- improve and automate (if possible) manufacturing lines.
At the end of his report the representative of Tibbo Systems mentioned a successful case of a company, which implemented the system for monitoring and predicting the harvest condition. It is software and hardware system that include various equipment: autonomous wireless temperature and CO2 humidity sensors, base stations and sluices, GPS / GLONASS receivers, laboratory facilities for simulating various conditions, weather stations and weather forecasting services, as well as intellectual IoT platform Tibbo AggreGate.
As the result of these innovations, the company managed to:
- get information about the reduction of sugar amount in white beet within each separate area of the field;
- suppress rottenness of product at early stages;
- increase sugar production due to planning of processing taking into account storing conditions and state of the product;
- monitor location and effectiveness of the use of agricultural machinery afield.
As we can see, IoT platform Tibbo AggreGate has clearly proved its exceptional efficacy and usefulness.
How to find out whether sugar beet is sweet enough? AggreGate takes care of that! See new industrial IoT case study for Rusagro Group.